Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Coffee goes 2.0

Joffrey's Coffee and Tea Company reached out to bloggers a few months ago. They offered up free coffee for honest feedback and were up front in saying there was no pressure to blog about them or the coffee.

I tried the coffee, it was fine, but nothing to blog home about. That is until today, when I recieved a package of Coffee 2.0.

I haven't brewed it yet so I have no idea what it tastes like, but it is a great piece of marketing. Coffee 2.o was born out of the feedback Joffrey's received from the more than 1500 bloggers that took part in the initial trial.

The company took the feedback to heart, handroasted a new batch of beans and created a product package that speaks its audience's language, then mailed the coffee out to all the participants.

Coffee 2.0 is dubbed as crowdsourced java and sports a label complete with tags and categories. It's the perfect example of a company creating a special product that speaks a niche audience's language. Even if the coffee is terrible (which I'm sure it wont be) I still walk away with a great piece marketing.

No comments: