Thursday, August 28, 2008

A tale of great customer service

Last week I had a great customer service experience. So great, that I can’t help but share it with you. It happened at Lens Crafters. I walked into the store one minute before closing looking to claim a pair of frames I had put on hold, order prescription lenses and get a pair of sunglasses fixed. I expected a rushed transaction on the frames and lenses and a sorry to the sunglasses, after all I didn’t purchase them at Lens Crafters and I had already been turned away from Sunglass Hut with a “sorry, we only repair sunglasses that are sold through our stores.”

Instead, the optician was more than happy to sit patiently and explain my options for the lenses and immediately found someone to fix my sunglasses, for free. He ordered my lenses, told me they’d be ready tomorrow and asked what time I’d like to pick them up. He thanked me for my business and I left the store thinking wow, maybe great service isn’t dead.

Image credit: zone41

1 comment:

AHP said...

Great service isn't dead but it sure is hard to find. I'm continually frustrated by bad service mostly because of the amount of my time it wastes. I wrote a post about this a while ago...

http://uh2l.blogs.com/things_ive_noticed/2006/03/universally_poo.html